Property owners are always looking for ways to improve their properties and make them more appealing to current and potential tenants. They want current tenants to call their property home longer and they want potential tenants to choose their properties over others available in the area. Does your property have everything your tenants need? What features can you add to your multi-unit office buildings to make them more attractive to potential tenants? Let’s take a look at some of the most popular amenities that tenants asked for in 2017 and that you could add to your property in 2018.
- Walking trails, modern vending machines in common-areas and meeting or event spaces.
- Local business and restaurant coordination offering discounts to tenants who live or work in the area.
- Stress relieving features such as waterfalls and fountains, or aquariums in lobby areas. White noise in hallways can also be a bonus that would relax tenants as their workday becomes stressful.
- High end office complexes are requesting concierge services in the lobby to direct visitors and to assist tenants with planning special activities in the area.
- Certain areas across the country, tenants are requesting showers to be installed so employees can work out before work or on their lunch breaks and have access to a shower on site.
- As well as easily accessible showers, tenants are asking for gyms similar to what many hotels offer guests.
- Adequate parking is another amenity that more and more tenants are asking for as most parking spaces in busy office parks are already at a premium.
- On-site UPS, USPS and FedEx drop-off/ pick-up services so tenants don’t have to leave work to ship packages,
- Furniture, Wi-Fi and improved outdoor spaces round out the requests as tenants want a more user-friendly workspace and a place to have lunch, chat with coworkers or read a book while on break.
To remain competitive in the commercial real estate industry, landlords have to meet the needs of their tenants and provide the amenities that are popular in their area. What amenities does your office building offer its tenants? Leave us a comment below and let us know.